Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where...

...has time gone? The past two and a half weeks have simply disappeared as far as my mind is concerned. November 12 my folks and older brother were involved in a serious auto accident on 14 Mile Road near our home. A man in a Yukon crossed the center line and struck them head-on. Dad took the brunt of the blow and is still laid up in the hospital -- due for another round of surgery tomorrow. He was broken very badly from the waist down and suffered injuries to his eye, shoulder, and hands as well. By God's grace he was spared from damage to his brain and internal organs --- what an awesome God we serve; what a loving Father we have to watch over us. A week and a half in ICU; a week and a half and counting in the regular ward; then off to Mary Free Bed for rehab as soon as Dad's body is well enough to begin. We recognize the long road ahead of us, but I find great joy in looking back over the road already traveled. I marvel at the way God has worked and the things He has chosen to accomplish in the life of my father, mother, brothers, and I.

I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene,
and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned, unclean.
"How marvelous, how wonderful" and my song shall ever be.
How marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me.

Thanksgiving this year was like any other and then again, very different from any other. More poignant was my praise and thanks to God for what He has done -- His ways are marvelous and though I can't explain why He would allow such tragedy into my life, I am convinced He is a God of good and love -- everything that happens to me comes sifted through my Father's hand. Nothing catches Him off-guard; nothing takes Him by surprise -- He is the same today as He was yesterday, as He will be tomorrow.

Praise be to God!

1 comment:

  1. "everything that happens to me comes sifted through my Father's hand"

    mmmm - Val your faith is so encouraging, especially in the midst of this major trial in your familys' life. i continue to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete