Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer...

...and its sweltering humidity has finally reached our neck of the woods! One would think we'd welcome 80 degrees and sunny after all the rain we've encountered this year. But 80 degrees and sunny when the humidity is 85%+ is terribly uncomfortable!

Our second camping adventure of the summer came to an end yesterday --- we spent five days up at the Straits State Park in St. Ignace. Thursday took us to Mackinaw Island; Friday we bummed around Mackinaw City and the historic sites; Saturday we wandered north to Tahquamenon Falls and Crisp Point Lighthouse; and Sunday, well, we took our time getting home. I love my family! Trips like this all the more reinforce that God has graciously blessed me by giving me the 'folks' I have...

I'm minding Dan's parents' garden while they're vacationing in Washington DC this week. Today and yesterday we've had a good, soaking rain --- hopefully I won't have to do many of the 45-minute "baths" if this weather keeps up. I don't have the most developed green thumb...I tend to forget important details, like water and fertilizer. *Grin*

Three weeks to go before camping adventure #3! Dan and I are heading to PH Hoeft State Park up near Rogers City over Labor Day weekend. The tall ship WELCOME will be moored in Mackinaw City over the weekend, there's a classic/custom motor cycle show at the 40 Mile Point Lighthouse, and with the exception of the Straits, I've not once stayed at a campground on the Lake Huron side. I'm curious and a bit excited!

Sweet, sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment