Sunday, January 22, 2012

Starting...

...the New Year off right! My niece and I practically share birthdays and she was the recipient of my very first quilting venture in 2008 at the ripe old age of two. As she unwrapped her quilt, she commented, "Ooooohhhh, pretty" and promptly set it aside to tackle her next gift. {grin}

100_0410[1]

Four years later and that first flirtation with quilting is still much loved and much used. Makes me feel good! This year Ella got a baby doll carrier -- my own design, with an 11th hour change-up just to keep things interesting.

Doll Carrier

Seymour is modeling, but I'm sure Cupcake the bear will soon find a home on Ella's back. I added snaps to make the carrier adjustable for different stuffed 'girths' and D-rings so Ella can easily tighten the shoulder straps. I am rather pleased with how this turned out -- I learned a new technique or two (first time using a snap press!) and only had to use my seam ripper twice. {grin}

Doll Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment