Friday, September 22, 2017

Catching up....

.....the blessed busyness (and business) of life! This year has absolutely flown by in my estimation. I blinked and fall was upon us. Sort of. Here in the Mitten, we've been "enjoying" unseasonably warm days ----- this week alone the mercury has hit 90 thrice and the weather folks tell us to expect temperatures to stay that way through mid-week next. Just in time for Harvest Festival, since nothing says fall like build-a-scarecrow and 90% humidity.  {wink}

I was reminded this morning by the words of God through Solomon that to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven, and that God makes everything beautiful in His time (Ecclesiastes 3:1-12). This year has certainly proved up in that regard.

There were times to love----------------can't believe it's been 10 years! Life with this dear one is a welcomed adventure. 



Times to weep and mourn----------------letting go of this crazy, zany pup were especially difficult and I miss her so very much. Gracie Lou Freebush, you were one of a kind!




There were times to keep and embrace-----------------children should never grow up, and some things never grow old.  {grin}  The heart of this "anut" is truly blessed by these good gifts!




And there were times to heal, laugh, and dance! Have I mentioned how much I love this man and how thankful I am to be passing through this life with him by my side? Oh dear one, how much you mean to me!



God is certainly "making a work from beginning to end" and I have set my heart on Him. I recognize that there is much anger, hurt, distress, and fear in our world today, yet in the midst of tragedy, there is a great triumph of spirit ------- and despite arguments to the contrary, I choose to see these moments as gifts from God. He is my hope, He is my everlasting peace, He is my greatest joy. Because of Him, I am able to walk through today, and trust that tomorrow is in His hands. "Before the mountains were born, or You gave birth to the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God" (Psalm 90:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment