Thursday, March 16, 2006

AIM mail...

...an interesting discovery, I think. If you have an AOL instant messenger screenname you are automatically eligible to receive an "@aim.com" email address. All you have to do is go to www.aim.com and click on the "mail" icon. Then you sign in with your screenname and password, answer a couple basic questions (your zip code, country, gender, and secret question), and get an email address that uses your screenname@aim.com (which isn't actually a valid email address and I'm not sure why Blogger is highlighting it, but oh well...). Fun stuff -- 2 GB of storage, sort of rivals Gmail, though I prefer it over AIM anyday just because I finally got most people to use that particular one. And who couldn't use yet another email address???? :o) Only kidding, sort of.

Ah well, I thought it was neat and worth passing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment