Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Borrowed...

...because it struck me as incredibly powerful, especially after last night's planning meeting. Maybe too often I'm not as bothered by what this culture says about my God and my faith --- maybe I'm just a little too quick to write it off as, "Nobody's going to pay attention anyhow...it's just a movie, it's just a book, it's just the news." Well, maybe I ought to get outraged a little more often, not just with what culture says about Christianity, but with my lackness toward combatting it. Read on...and thanks, Leann, for putting such potency on 'paper.' "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because He lives, I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living, just because He lives."

Digging Beyond Complacency

Sure, He lived; yeah, He healed;
of course He was the Son of God.
Indeed He died; doubtless He rose;
He did it all to save the world.
But do we ever stop to think
of all that truth imparts?
Are we reciting from our heads
or treasuring in our hearts?
What would happen if we took
the time to look more thoroughly,
digging deeper into it all,
beyond complacency?
Perhaps we'd find a mark of humanity
etched across His face.
Perhaps we'd see the glory of God
shown through perfect grace.
This is the One who saved our lives
with an act of truest mercy --
in the story of purest love
written by God in highest majesty.
How could we ever close our eyes
to such an awesome fact?
We've got to dig beyond complacency...
dig till there's no going back.
~ LjD

No comments:

Post a Comment