Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ever have one of those days???


Have I ever introduced you to Gracie, the world's dumbest dog? Now, don't get me wrong -- I love Gracie to death. But when it comes to brain cells I just don't think she's got a fighting chance! She and her buddy Jack (read that her DADDY!) live nextdoor to each other and like to wrestle over rugs. Yes, you heard me right -- they duke it out over carpet scraps. On this particular day Gracie was the victor. She and Jack tugged and tugged, managing to rip a hole in the center of the rug, and then Gracie gave a mighty tug and pulled the rug onto her side of the fence. She then proceeded to shake it about frantically (obviously ensuring that her 'kill' was indeed dead) and in the process flipped the rug up and over her head. Then she ran madly about the kennel barking up a frenzy, which of course brought my mother running. She called me up on the phone, describing the whole scene. My Gracie, the "retarded" one... She said I just had to come home on my lunch and see what "my" dog had done this time. Oh Gracie...I can't turn my back on you for a second. She pranced about in her prized poncho for quite awhile that afternoon, really milking it for Jack's benefit, no doubt.

Oh to be a dog! I should very much love to paw about on all fours......

No comments:

Post a Comment