Monday, October 26, 2009

I love...

...reading The Pioneer Woman! I've been following Ree Drummond since late 1996, just after she struck out on her own and left Blogger behind. What first drew me to her site was the cookin' --- what keeps me coming back is her downright endearing style of writing! That, and I've always wanted to raise cattle somewhere out west. For the time being I'm living vicariously through Ree's experiences in Tulsa, OK with her husband Marlboro Man, the four Punks, Pesky Tim, Missy, and the whole extended family on the Drummond ranch. Her cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks (I know, I know, I know...catchy), is set to release tomorrow --- but I'm not going to buy it. *grin* Why? Because I just might be able to swing getting to a book signing in northern Illinois on Nov. 16 and meeting Ree in person! I am geeked! And I am a nerd! And I don't care...

And, icing on the cake, Ree filmed a cooking segment with Bonnie Hunt that aired this morning. And I missed it. Because I forgot. But, the little wonder we call the internet just happens to have a clip of half the segment. She's making her "famous" chocolate sheet cake, plus she also made Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich, Onion Strings, and Twice Baked Potatoes.

I told Dan I don't think of The Pioneer Woman as a celebrity so much as I do an interesting person. Meeting her won't make or break my simple life -- but it's kind of neat all the same. I don't normally do this sort of thing, which is why I'm excited. It's memorable and out of the ordinary...and I'm going to get a good cookbook out of the deal. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment