Monday, December 21, 2009

I made...

PW's "The Best Chocolate Sheetcake. Ever" Saturday evening --- and I'm convinced. It's delicious!  :o)  It trundled off to work with Dan this morning and I was on to other chocolate-y goodness and didn't bother to take pictures. Food, good food, is meant to be eaten! My recipe notes...I used "Special Dark" cocoa from Nestle's, halved the frosting recipe, reduced the butter, and toss my chopped nuts (pecans and walnuts) on top instead of mixing them into the frosting. Excellent, moist, delightful, and a deep, deep (almost black!) chocolate brown. Floating high on this one...

My next venture was (finally) putting my Williams-Sonoma ice cream sandwich makers into action. I have the cow, pig, and star set:


I made the chocolate brownie recipe that comes with the box, only I left out the melted chocolate squares (4 oz.) and increased the cocoa powder to 1/2 cup. Special Dark, again. And YUM! Vanilla ice cream from Schwan's rounded out the the sandwiches and, not surprisingly, they met with Dan's approval. And then some.

Mine are sitting in the freezer...waiting for me!

p.s. Anyone know where I can pick up a set of the "Western" sandwich makers? My WS doesn't carry them anymore and the online store search comes up empty-handed.  :o(


No comments:

Post a Comment