Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January...

....is the most wonderful time of the year! It doesn't hurt that my birthday is later this month, but honestly, I'm not that shallow.  *grin*  I had a pretty hectic holiday season this year as far as commitments were concerned and I ended up getting sick, too, over Christmas. It just feels good to be into January and embrace that whole 'slow as molasses' thing that always seems to happen. I'm more than ready for it this time!

I'm pretty geeked about this little gem I stumbled upon ----- it's a linky party for modern sewing, hosted by Canoe Ridge Creations. I don't ordinarily join in the linking up 'cause I don't post that regularly, but I love peeking in on what others are doing.

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

I am picture-less today on the sewing front ---- but far from production-less in said department. I have a couple of blocks to wrap up for NewBee {Decemeber, oops. And January --- black and white!} and I'm working on drafting a couple new quilting patterns. I'm excited about those...but only ever so slightly. *wink, wink*  Hahaha....ok, so more than a couple --- that was part of the "hectic" I mentioned earlier. I think {ok, I know} I took on too much at one time and {sort of} got overwhelmed. Nothing like being non-commital on the overcommitment stuff!  *grin*

p.s. Only 140 more days until the potential of doing this without freezing is possible here in Michigan. I can't wait to head back up to the Straits for a little camping happy time. Yup, that's me --- the short, chubby one. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by extremely tall, extremely thin people all the time either....at least that's what I tell myself.  *grin* 

1 comment:

  1. i miss your face! and you are not short and chubby...so, there!

    ReplyDelete