Friday, March 25, 2011

Debating...

...deliberating, and deciding! Lee at Freshly Pieced is hosting a quilt-along for her Supernova quilt and I love the finished quilt top ever so much. But, I'm not a good quilt-along'er in the least and I have quite a few other projects to complete. Some that I am very, very behind on (such as blocks for the NewBee....which I hope, hope, hope will be finished up by Sunday!)

Supernova Quilt-Along button

I am uber tempted to follow along through the 7th so I can figure the blocks out (Lee claims we won't have to piece any HSTs even though the block looks like it has at least 8 of them --- I'm intrigued!) and then work at my own pace on the project when I've wrapped up my other commitments. I have two jelly rolls, Origins by Basic Grey and Hideaway by Lauren & Jessie Jung (I snagged this hard-for-me-to-find line from Burgundy Buttons along with a matching charm pack....for a sweet-sweet happy price!), that are just begging for a unique quilty home...

{grin}  The jury's still out on this one, indeed...

p.s. If you've never ordered from BB, give 'em a try! Not only were the prices competitive-to-better-than-best, but my order was packed and shipped the same day and "regular" shipping got it to me in less than three days. The communication with Leah was wonderful --- a confirmation email, a shipping email, and even a response to my "thanks" email.  {grin}  Online fabric buying won't deter me from visiting my LQS, but I would certainly do repeat business with Burgundy Buttons and then some. {giddy}

No comments:

Post a Comment